- Joe has experience in all the usual structural materials but generally concentrates on steel structures.
- Is a fellow of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Clients include a range of steel fabrications from the very small to the biggest in the UK and also private individuals and local authorities.
- Along with his team, he has designed factories, warehouses, retail premises, schools etc. he has also designed structures for the steelmaking industry and bespoke art instalments.
- Early experience includes site work for a steel contractor both in the UK and overseas.
- Some of these designs were for the overseas market.
- He has been elected chairman of the northern counties branch of the IStructE for years 2004 to 2006.